By W. Curtis Preston
Packed with useful, freely to be had backup and restoration suggestions for Unix, Linux, home windows, and Mac OS X structures -- in addition to numerous databases -- this new consultant is an entire overhaul of Unix Backup & Recovery via an identical writer, now revised and accelerated with over seventy five% new material.
Backup & Recovery starts off with an entire assessment of backup philosophy and layout, together with the fundamental backup utilities of tar, sell off, cpio, ntbackup, ditto, and rsync. It then explains numerous open resource backup items that automate backups utilizing these utilities, together with AMANDA, Bacula, BackupPC, rdiff-backup, and rsnapshot. Backup & Recovery then explains the best way to practice naked steel restoration of AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Mac OS, Solaris, VMWare, & home windows structures utilizing freely-available utilities. The booklet additionally offers overviews of the present nation of the economic backup software program and marketplace, together with overviews of CDP, information De-duplication, D2D2T, and VTL expertise. ultimately, it covers how you can automate the backups of DB2, alternate, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL-Server, and Sybase databases - with no paying for a advertisement backup product to do so.
For environments of all sizes and budgets, this targeted ebook exhibits you the way to make sure facts safety with out resorting to dear advertisement ideas. you'll soon study to:
- Automate the backup of renowned databases with no advertisement utility
- Perform naked steel restoration of any well known open platforms platform, together with your computing device or laptop
- Utilize worthy yet frequently unknown open resource backup products
- Understand the nation of industrial backup software program, together with motives of CDP and knowledge de-duplication software
- Access the present nation of backup undefined, together with digital Tape Libraries (VTLs)